Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Counseling is fun. So is writing books.

Well, I don't actually know. But in about 27 and a half hours, I will be going to counseling.

What to do until then?

Well, I'll write and post this message, because I like blogging.
This is a LOT easier to use than my old blog. This one. That I like showing to people. I made all of that FROM SCRATCH. If you can believe it. ;)

I will also work on my story, which I am nearly finished with. That little/biggish 'L C' in the corner does actually say 'LC', not 'LG' which I noticed just now does look like that.

If you have questions about it, leave a comment and ask. I'll answer the questions on my website and here.

In other news, I haven't been to school in 4 days. This morning, the assistant principal called my mother. However, if my counselor says I can stay out of school for a while, I can stay home. I really am sick of school. I love school. Learning, socializing because I don't get any socialization otherwise, and all of that stuff.
I think that it'd be nice to just stay out for 2 weeks. This one and the next week. I will enjoy that thoroughly. I can finished typing my story* and then I will feel better.
And I am certain that after next week, a certain guy by the name of Daboss in this blog will be back. According to 'Ska', he broke his foot. I guess he broke it during Christmas vacation, so I calculated, and he should be back either next week or the week after. It's okay if I miss a week. I'm so depressed and everything, I just don't care about anything. I'm just all apathic or whatever it's called when you don't care about anything.
And I don't care. I just want to finish my story, not do anything, eat, and be with Daboss (not in THAT way, but you get my meaning). That's pretty much it.

*What I meant by 'finishing' or 'typing' my story is that I will soon be finished transferring my story from my notebook to my computer. Of course, it's not MY computer, it's the 'family' computer. I wrote the whole thing on lined notebook paper (except for the last 50 pages--those were plain lined filler paper, and they are much better than the other paper I used) and it took me about 26 months. I'm sure I could find out EXACTLY how long it took, but I'm not THAT interested in knowing. I know I started it around Thanksgiving or something, November 2004. This year will be Linda's fourth birthday. :)
So, I finished writing the manuscript, the first draft, but since it's all written in pencil on 370 (about) notebook pages, I have to turn all of THAT into THIS. Meaning, words on a computer screen. And I'm almost done! I only have sixteen pages to go! It's amazing!

After I'm finished with that, I will put my binder that I keep those pages of fantasy in into a drawer in my desk and I will keep it safe. It is the first thing I will take if my house is burning down. Hands down, it is my most treasured possession.
So, then I will edit it. I will make all of the changes I want and need to do, then show it to my sisters, my parents (not for a while, though), my English teachers (at least the one from this year), a couple kids from school, and after they all like it or at least accept it, I will send it off to Knopf and see what they think. If they don't like it, I'll try Scholastic, Random House (maybe), those places. Actually, Random House and Knopf may be the same place. But I'm going for Knopf because it will increase my chances of meeting Christopher Paolini, because he is my hero.
I agree with others that he could have written a better book (there are things that I would change, things that should have been different), but give him a break! He started writing it when he was fifteen! He can't do it perfectly the first time! I know I couldn't!
He is more of my hero because he has written a book at a young age and he has become famous. He has done something amazing. For that, he should be honored. Christopher-finiarel. ;)
Anyways... yeah, that's all for today. Leave comments please! :)

No comments: