Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stuff White People Like

I checked out that blog today. Apparently, people either love it or hate it. I hold it up as proof that people are messed up.
If they person was white and made a blog called 'stuff black people like' they would be condemned.
If they were black and made a blog called 'stuff black people like' then people would like the blog.
If they are black and made this blog, they are being let off, and some people would call them 'race-minded' (like, they are obsessed with race and color and stuff), while others would laud it.
If they are white and making this blog (which is the truth, I think), then people are just confused.
"Why would a white person make racial stereotypes about whites?"
Um, why can black comedians make stupid racial jokes?

The blog has some truths in it, though. White people do like 'gifted children'. But who doesn't?
I personally think that the blog isn't really a good idea. It's making fun of white people. If it was doing the same to any other racial group, it would be condemned. White people can be bashed and it's okay because you know, white people need to be bashed.
Yeah right.

I know something else white people like, at least the younger ones. Pretending to be black.
That is, acting out black stereotypes.
Even I do it sometimes, without meaning to. I would slap myself in the face if I let myself realize that I was doing it.

What else was I going to say today?
I forgot to take Zoloft two days in a row, and it sure f***ed up my mood and stuff. It wasn't working enough, but it was making a good difference.

I like the ease with which I laugh now. Before I was taking Zoloft, it was harder to laugh. I did laugh, but not as often.

It's nice, laughing. I am annoyed that I missed school today because 1. I can only be legally absent 3 more days this year and 2. we were doing the mile run today, and now I'll have to stay after school sometime and do it.

I think I'm going to call Rocky when school is let out. Or maybe right when the bus passes by our house... Or something. Whatever.

Gosh, I'm tired. My sister and I were going to walk home from the center of town yesterday, but our brother was driving by and picked us up instead. That's good. I didn't want to walk 4 miles. I have walked about 6 miles, and that took me 4 hours or so. I'm not sure, actually. I know it took me almost exactly 4 hours. I left at 7 pm (about) and came home at 11 pm exactly. I walked across the highway, crossed a stream (my shoes and pants were wet for the rest of the trip), found a road (I remember there were a million billion leaves on it), walked on it until I found the road that eventually led to a certain person's house, and walked there for a long time. I was exhausted, but walking on roads actually isn't that bad. It was pretty nice, actually. I almost got lost a couple times, but I enjoyed walking the woods. I was exhausted when I reached my destination, but not too bad. I spent a few minutes sitting in the woods (probably where I picked up the three ticks I found the next morning) and then realized where I had to go. So I went to the Kingdom Hall, and stayed there. I planned to sleep there, but it was so darn cold, and I decided to go home.

So I walked home from there. It's maybe a mile or two from there to our house, but it took longer, I think, because I kept ducking everything cars came. A guy had already tried to pick me up, and I wasn't going to be talked to anymore.

Using that experience, and the fact that I walk maybe two miles per hour, I decided that I and my sister would be home right before our mom, and it would take two hours.

Oh yeah, my mom started her job on Monday. She loves it. That's why she couldn't pick us up at the library or anything.

And we get to do it again tomorrow! Because I am staying after for my science teacher. I have no idea what's going on, what we are talking about, and I missed like 4 chapters, so I am just not doing well.

And I want to know what she knows about me.
She's the one who heard Rocky talking about me.

1 comment:

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

I really appreciate your post, this would really provide the great information .Thanks for sharing.

wheelchair